Yesterday I smashed my finger in the bathroom door. So today I decided on something easy for dinner. Taco salad/nachos. I brown a pound of grass fed ground beef and add 1 recipe of this delicious taco seasoning (many of the packaged ones in the store have whey). I place on the table the following ingredients which are lactose and soy free: the beef, a bag of Tostitos (which are soy and dairy free), a bag of salad, and since hard cheeses that have aged more than 2 years have verry little lactose, some grated Tillamook Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar. Sometimes set out black olives and/or kidney beans. I also put on the table for my husband and kids: the regular medium cheddar (which has too much lactose for me), the Thousand Island dressing (which has soy) and sour cream (lactose), if I have any. Then each person can have taco salad or nachos with the ingredients they want.
Looks good, of course I was thinking you could also leave out the chips and make into salad wraps, using a large lettuce leaf. I have done that when I don't want the taco shells, or tortilla wraps. This would also be good with ground turkey. Thanks for the link to the spices.
ReplyDelete