Saturday, March 8, 2014

Easy Delicious Homemade Refried Beans

Homemade refried beans can be easier than you think.

2 cups pinto beans
8 cups water
1/2 cup Lard
1 Onion diced
1/2 cup water (or beef broth.  If using beef broth reduce salt by 1 tsp)
2 Tsp Kosher salt

Put the pintos and 8 cups water in your pressure cooker.  Cook for 38 minutes at high pressure.  Then manually release the pressure and drain the beans.  Reserve 1 cup of the cooked beans.  Put the rest of the beans in the food processor.  Melt the lard in a pan on the stove over medium heat and add onion and cook till translucent.  Add onion/lard mixture to food processor.  Add water and salt to food processor and process till smooth.  Mash reserved beans lightly with a fork and mix into processed beans.  (Somehow I forgot to take a Pic.  I'll try to post one next time I make it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment