Sunday, March 2, 2014

Easy vanilla cupcakes that I can eat.

Back in the good ole days, before I had to cut soy out of my diet, I could still use some boxed cake mixes.  But so far, I haven't found a boxed cake mix that is both dairy and soy free.  So I scoured the internet for recipes and didnt find any.  By I did find this.  Now I don't need my cupcakes to be perfect.  I need them not to cause an intentional rebellion.   So below is my revised, not so perfect, but still delicious recipe for vanilla cupcakes.  Enjoy!

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Wet ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup light olive oil

"Milk" ingredient:
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or if you have lactose free milk on hand 1/2 cup lactose free milk + 1/2 tsp white vinegar and set aside for 5 min before using)

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Put 15 cupcake liners in your cup cake pans.  I have to admit that this recipe makes me a little crazy in the fact that it doesnt make a number divisible by 12.  

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.  Mix wetn ingredients using whisk attachment in kitchen aid.  When it is well mixed (approx 1 min) turn mixer down to stir.  Add 1/2 of dry ingredients, then 1/2 of the "Milk" then the rest of the dry then the rest of the  "Milk."  The batter will be thinner than boxed cake mix.  Bake for 12-14 min.

Sometimes I don't even bother with frosting, but when I do, I use this recipe.  Sometimes I swap out the vanilla for almond extract.  Also one batch of the frosting is more than double what you need for the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment