Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Slow Cooker Beer and Onion Pork Chops

Back in the good ole' days, before I had to cut soy out of my diet, my family and I really enjoyed this recipe (with some variation as I am too lazy to butterfly cut pork chops). So this week as I was shuffling through the recipe drawer I saw it, thought "Yum! we haven't had that in a while." and put it on the menu plan, only to discover chicken bullion has soy.  Rainbows!  It would have been better to discover that before I did the unicorn shopping for the week.  Necessity being the mother of invention and all that, here is my revised version:

1 or 2 sliced onions
1 family pack boneless, pork chops (preferably thin cut but it doesn't really matter)
2 or 3 bottles of beer
2 or 3 cups organic chicken broth (make sure it is soy free)

Put a layer of onions on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Then a layer of chops.  Then another layer of onions and another layer of chops and so on until all the chops are in.  Then add one bottle of beer plus one cup of broth.  Add another bottle of beer and cup of broth until the liquid covers the top layer of chops.  Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.  I usually serve it with rice and a steamed veggie.

3 comments: