Thursday, February 27, 2014

Updated Dairy Free, Soy Free, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cups

I was successful in my quest to find a dairy and soy free chocolate chip, so here is my freshly revised dairy free, gluten free, soy free peanut butter cup recipe.  

1 cup Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips (I found them at Target.  They are expensive.  If soy isn't an issue for you, any semi-sweet chocolate melty or chip will work.)
light olive oil as needed to get the consistency right (You shouldn't need the oil if you are using melties.  You can use any kind of vegetable oil you have on hand.  I'm just lazy and only stock olive oil)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Melt the chocolate.  I have a little electric fondue crock pot looking thingy that I use, but 30 seconds in the microwave, stir, 30 seconds in the microwave, stir repeat until melted works.  Put cupcake holders in your cupcake pan.  This recipe makes 6  if you use a regular size cupcake pan.  I suspect it would be 12 if you use a mini cupcake pan, but I don't have one, so I don't know. When the chocolate is melted, put a spoonful of chocolate in each paper then use the spoon to get the chocolate on the sides of the paper about 1/4 of the way up.  You should use a little more than 1/2 the chocolate.  Then put the cupcake pan in the freezer to set the chocolate.  While the chocolate sets, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar.  I use my kitchen aid.  If you do it by hand, it will be easier if you heat the peanut butter in the microwave first.  Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the cupcake holders on top of the chocolate.  Then pick up the pan and slam it repeatedly into your counter to level the peanut butter mixture out.  The kids find this entertaining.  Then spoon the rest of the chocolate on top and put back in the freezer to set (about 5 min).  Enjoy!

PS No pic on this post because I haven't made it recently.  I'll try to remember to photograph it when I make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment